Drop by the Downtown Campus just before our Life Together Fellowship with your best homemade pie. Any dessert pie, from blueberry and rhubarb to pecan and buckeye, from single crust to double crust - all are welcome! Open to all ages. Register below by May 26 to enter the contest.
Drop-off: June 2 between 4:00-5:15 PM in the Children's Building Grand Lobby (Downtown Campus)
Please deliver your pie in a disposable dish as we will not be able to return them.
1st Place: $300 in Gift Cards
2nd Place: $150 in Gift Cards
3rd Place: $50 Gift Card
Pies will be judged on overall appearance, crust, and taste. Winners will be announced during the Life Together Fellowship.
- Pie must be entered in the name of the person who made it.
- Bring your pie (in a disposable pie dish) to the Children’s Building Lobby on Sunday, June 2 from 4:00PM-5:15PM. At this time your pie will be given an entry number, maintaining confidentiality of the bakers.
- The person running the Pie-Baking Contest will have the final say on acceptability of pies.
- Acknowledge that the entered pies become the property of the First Baptist Church of Jacksonville and that you do not get your pie or pie pan back.
- If you are a winner, you give your permission to have your photo taken during the announcement ceremony and have it used for promotional materials.
- Judging will be held at 5:30PM and announced during the Life Together Fellowship
- Minimum of three judges
- Overall appearance
- Each judge assigns a numerical value (1-10) in each criteria category, without consultation with the other judges.
- The pie receiving the highest total numerical value is the winner in that category.
- In the case of a tie, the judges will judge those pies again.
This form is no longer available. It was closed for further submissions on 05/27/2019.